Loom Knitting

3:05 PM Edit This 0 Comments »



Loom Knitting

I've just discovered loom knitting. It's so much fun!
Many people (me included) have tried knitting with needles. They find the technique very confusing! I was always dropping a stitch....arrrgh!  Loom knitting is so much easier! Looms are used to turn yarn into fabric, similar to needle knitting.  Basically, looms work like manual knitting machines.  It is very easy to make hats, scarves, bags, pillows, and blankets.

I'm using the loom called Knifty Knitter. This is what the looms look like:
 Each set includes four sizes of looms (small, medium, large and extra large), a hook and a pick tool.  I got my set at Hobby  Lobby (http://shop.hobbylobby.com/) for about $ 12.00. 
A flat panel scarf like the one below can be made on a round loom.

I’ve made several scarves and I’m not tired of loom knitting yet.  It’s very addictive J.  I’d like to try changing colors and making stripes.  There’s lots more knitting to be done…so try it.  It might become the hobby you're looking for!! J










0 comments: